I do these 10 exercises and stretches every Monday and Thursday morning. I do about 10 reps of each and if it is a focus area, I'll do a second set of 10 reps. The hold exercises are marked with * and I hold them for a count of 30 to 60.
As with any Yoga and Pilates position, it is important to learn proper technique and position to avoid injury. Before doing any new exercise routine, consult with your physician and fitness trainer. Also many of these exercises have modifications to make the move easier on the body. Try this first to develop strength.
- Cat/cow pose with scapular stretch
- Opposite leg and arm raise
- Bow Pose*
- Superman/Superwoman rep exercise
- Superman/Superwoman hold exercise*
- Downward dog to cobra pose*
- Mountain climbers