Mexican Martini's may be the single best way to enjoy tequila. They are the prefect blend of a proper margarita and a dirty martini. My brother's girlfriend introduced them to me on a trip to Austin and I was hooked. Thankfully, this recipe is simple to make at home so I can save the cost from full price at the bar. You'll see you can use either pickled jalapeno juice or olive brine. If you want spicy, go with the picked jalapeno juice. Or even better, try to find jalapeno stuffed olives.
Ingredients - serves 2
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz picked jalapeno juice or olive brine
- 2-3 olives (optional - jalapeno stuffed are best)
- 4 oz still or sparkling water
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker or other tall mixing cup. Stir until combined.
- Add ice to a tumbler, martini, or wine glass and pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with the olives.