I love a great salsa verde but it involves some work if you want to use fresh ingredients. I like my salsa recipes simple and to be able make them out of pantry ingredients that I have on hand all the time.
Here is one that uses cans of diced chiles and jalapenos. You can certainly add roasted tomatillos but I don't think it needs them. I instead like to add diced fresh avocado to the salsa and maybe fresh cilantro as well.
- 1 4oz can diced chiles
- 1 4oz can sliced jalapenos (with juices) or scoop out 4oz from a jar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 diced avocado (optional)
- Add ingredients (except avocado) to a blender or food processor and blend until incorporated but not overmixed.
- Pour in a bowl and serve as is or stir in diced avocado.