I keep playing around with dried bean recipes because they are so easy and fast using an Instant Pot. This time I tried using double the amount of spices I typically use and it turned out fantastic. Plus I added some chili powder which rounded out the other spices and gave it a crave-able flavor. Be sure to give this a try.
- 1 lb dried pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Add all the ingredients to an Instant Pot and stir to combine and to dissolve the salt.
- Set the Instant Pot on the Beans/Stew setting for 50 minutes. Ensure the vent is closed to build up pressure.
- Once time runs out, let it keep warm and count up for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure. This will ensure a soft, velvety texture to the beans.
- Serve as a side dish or with rice and stir fried veggies as a main course.