This recipe is my go to pizza sauce, and it couldn't be easier to make using a can of crushed tomatoes and some dried seasonings and spices. In a matter of seconds, you'll be ready to use on homemade or store bought pizza dough or as a spaghetti sauce. So go ahead and use up that last jar of marinara sauce in the back of your pantry and never buy another one again.
Recipe adapted from Eating On A Dime.
- 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and use. That's it.
- You can mix ahead of time or heat in a pot to wake the seasonings up and help the flavors meld but I don't think it needs it.
- If too thin, you can simmer on medium low for 5-10 minutes until desired consistency is reach.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days or can be frozen and saved for a few months.
Post a Comment